When LightWave Server receives a request, if the API definition contains URI Path Component mappings, and the component value in the request URI contains the period (.) or asterisk (*) characters, the request will return a 404 error. Note that when the request is invoked by a browser based application, such as the LightWave Server Console API Tester, the error may be reported as a CORS or general security error instead of a 404.
Advisory Release Date
Oct 25, 2021
A hotfix is available for this issue. Once the hotfix is installed, the issue will no longer occur. Note that this hotfix is for the 1.1.1 release only. If you would like a hotfix prepared for another release, please open a support case.
Note that this is a rollup hotfix which includes these previous 1.1.1 hotfixes:
- 18.104.22.168 - JSON response is serialized incorrectly when multiple HTTP Response Body mappings are defined
- 22.214.171.124 - BLOB request returns HTTP error 415 - Unsupported Media Type
- 126.96.36.199 - Issue with dictionary caching causes excessive filesystem I/O
Install the hotfix by following these steps:
- Download the hotfix PAK file using the link below and transfer the file to your NonStop system using binary transfer mode.
- Unpak the hotfix PAK file, which contains the following files:
- SERVER - The SERVER program file.
- SWORKER - The SWORKER program file.
- Stop any existing SERVER, SWORKER processes.
- Replace the existing program files with the hotfix program files.
- Restart the SERVER & SWORKER processes.
The VPROC for this hotfix is:
- TNS/E - T0000H06_25OCT2021_NuWave_LWS_1_1_1_4_H_6be51d7
- TNS/X - T0000L06_25OCT2021_NuWave_LWS_1_1_1_4_H_6be51d7