Multiple issues exist with the handling of null fields when using the LightWave Client schema isNull / nillable features. These issues apply to both JSON & XML messages. The issues are:
- When the isNull & nillable properties are applied to an Element that is a structure, the structure is not serialized as null. Other datatypes are serialized properly.
- When the isNull & nillable properties are applied to any Element in the schema definition, the API editor raises an error. (No error is raised when isNull or nillable are applied within an @XmlElement).
Advisory Release Date
June 29, 2021
- All 1.1.n
- All 1.2.n
A hotfix is available for this issue for the following releases:
Once the hotfix is installed, the issues will not occur.
Note that this hotfix is only for the releases listed. If you would like a hotfix prepared for another release, please open a support case and let us know the release you're using.
Install the hotfix by following these steps:
- Download the hotfix PAK file using the link below and transfer the file to your NonStop system using binary transfer.
- Unpak the hotfix PAK file, which contains the following files:
- CLIENT - The CLIENT process program file.
- CCP1211 - The CONSOLE fileset package
- Stop any existing CLIENT processes.
- Replace the existing CLIENT program file with the hotfix CLIENT program file.
- Restart the CLIENT processes.
- Run the LWSCOM command to install the CONSOLE fileset, e.g.:
tacl> run LWCCOM ; CONTROL FILESYSTEM <subvol>, INSTALLCON CCP1211
Refresh any browser running the Console using SHIFT F5.
The VPROC for this hotfix is:
- TNS/E - T0000H06_29JUN2021_NuWave_LWC_1_2_1_1_H_e07cc57a
- TNS/X - T0000L06_29JUN2021_NuWave_LWC_1_2_1_1_H_e07cc57a
You can check the Console VPROC by opening the Console Dashboard, select right click | view source, and check the attribute "data-lw-console-vproc" in the HTML tag.