When LightWave Client writes the diagnostic log, the log content is wrapped at character position 130. If the request or response HTTP body contains multi-byte characters, and the length of a line exceeds 130 characters, the line wrapping algorithm may split the line within a multi-byte character, corrupting the log. While the log may be viewed as an enscribe file with the corrupted characters, it will not load into the console Diagnostic Log view.
Advisory Release Date
May 6, 2020
All versions through 1.1.1
A hotfix is available for this issue. Once the hotfix is installed, the issue will no longer occur. Note that this hotfix is for the 1.1.1 release only. If you would like a hotfix prepared for another release, please open a support case and let us know the release you're using.
Install the hotfix by following these steps:
- Download the hotfix PAK file using the link below and transfer the file to your NonStop system using binary transfer mode.
- Unpak the hotfix PAK file, which contains the following file:
- CLIENT - The CLIENT program file.
- Stop any existing CLIENT processes.
- Replace the existing CLIENT program file with the hotfix program file.
- Restart the CLIENT processes.
The VPROC for this hotfix is:
- TNS/E - T0000H06_06MAY2020_NuWave_LWC_1_1_1_1_H_9d84c9ea
- TNS/X - T0000L06_06MAY2020_NuWave_LWC_1_1_1_1_H_9d84c9ea