An issue exists in the character encoding implementation which causes a small memory leak to occur on each request. Over time, CLIENT process memory use will grow and the process will ultimately abend when it is no longer able to allocate additional memory. Note that it is not necessary to use the character encoding feature in order for the leak to occur.
Advisory Release Date
December 13, 2019
- 1.0.3 through 188.8.131.52
A hotfix is available for this issue. Once the hotfix is installed, the memory leak will not occur. Note that this is a rollup hotfix which includes these previous hotfixes:
- 184.108.40.206 - Integer with scale values are serialized in exponential notation
- 220.127.116.11 - Memory leak occurs when using the azure-iot-hub signature method
Install the hotfix by following these steps:
- Download the hotfix PAK file using the link below and transfer the file to your NonStop system using binary transfer.
- Unpak the hotfix PAK file, which contains the following file:
- CLIENT - The CLIENT process program file.
- Stop any existing CLIENT processes.
- Replace the existing CLIENT program file with the hotfix CLIENT program file.
- Restart the CLIENT processes.
The VPROC for this hotfix is:
- TNS/E - T0000H06_13DEC2019_NuWave_LWC_1_0_4_5_H_36942af
- TNS/X - T0000L06_13DEC2019_NuWave_LWC_1_0_4_5_H_36942af