When redeploying a service, either from the Console or using LWSCOM, a filesystem deadlock may occur when multiple SWORKER processes are configured. This typically occurs when the system is under high load but may occur at any time.
Advisory Release Date
October 2, 2019
- All versions through 1.0.8
A hotfix is available for this issue. Once the hotfix is installed, the deadlock will no longer occur. Note that this is a rollup hotfix which includes these previous hotfixes:
- 184.108.40.206 - Dictionary import limited to 100 objects.
- 220.127.116.11 - Cancel & Install buttons are missing on Certificate installation dialogs.
- 18.104.22.168 - Dictionary refresh objects are not pre-selected.
Install the hotfix by following these steps:
- Download the hotfix PAK file using the link below and transfer the file to your NonStop system using binary transfer mode.
- Unpak the hotfix PAK file, which contains the following files:
- SCP1084 - Console package file.
- SERVER - The SERVER program file.
- SWORKER - The SWORKER program file.
- LWSCOM - The LWSCOM program file.
- SUTILITY - The SUTILITY program file.
- Stop any existing SERVER, SWORKER, LWSCOM, & SUTILITY processes.
- Replace the existing program files with the hotfix program files.
- Install the Console package using one of the following SUTILITY or LWSCOM commands:
- tacl> run sutility --filesystem <filesystem-subvol> --install-console SCP1084
- tacl> lwscom control filesystem <filesystem-subvol>, installcon SCP1084
- Restart the SERVER & SWORKER processes.
- Refresh any browsers using the Console.
The VPROC for this hotfix is:
- TNS/E - T0000H06_01OCT2019_NuWave_LWS_1_0_8_4_H_828eed5
- TNS/X - T0000L06_01OCT2019_NuWave_LWS_1_0_8_4_H_828eed5