The affected versions of SOAPam Server return SOAP responses with elements that have namespace prefixes (qualified namespaces). Previous versions returned elements without namespace prefixes and used default namespaces where appropriate. This can lead to incompatibility issues with existing web service clients.
Advisory Release Date
March 26, 2019
- 3.1.4, 3.1.5, 3.1.6
In the affected versions, SOAP response XML contained qualified elements with namespace declarations with prefixes, where previous versions used unqualified elements and default namespace declarations. This could cause incompatibility issues with existing clients that ignored the namespace declarations because the elements were unqualified.
Although the XML with qualified elements is valid, this change to namespace handling was not intentional and is considered a defect due to its potential impact on existing applications.
Hotfixes for this issue are available for select versions:
- Hotfix 126.96.36.199 for version 3.1.6
The hotfix restores the namespace behavior used prior to version 3.1.4. Hotfixes should only be applied to the version they are intended. If you need a hotfix for a version not listed, please open a support case and indicate which version you would like hotfixed.
Install the hotfix by following these steps:
- Download the appropriate hotfix PAK file using one of the links below and transfer the file to your NonStop system.
- Unpak the hotfix PAK file, which contains the following files:
- SOAPAM - The SOAPam Server program
- SOAPAMP - The SOAPam Server program (privileged version)
- Stop your existing SOAPam Server instances and replace the existing program files with the program files from the hotfix PAK file.
- Restart your SOAPam Server instance.